Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Sleepover

Certainly you can remember those days when you planned awesome sleepovers with all your friends? You had grandiose schemes of making smores... telling ghost stories and of course... staying up all night. Well in today's bus conversation, I can proudly say that I had zero input and even less influence. It took place between 3 kindergarten girls and here's how it went down...

Emma: You should come over to my grandma's house after school and we can have a sleepover.

Gemma: I don't know where she lives?

Emma: It's easy to find. You just go to the white porch, then go this way and that way. You can't come in the front door because the cat will get out. Oh, and there's a dog who barks a lot next door. You can't pet him because he's blind in one eye and bites, but you can pet the cat, she scratches but only when you pet her belly so don't pet her belly or the dog.

Peyton: I want to come to the sleepover too.

Emma: You can come too but you have to sleep in the middle.

Peyton: Okay.

Emma: And you can't jump up and down on the bed. My grandma doesn't like that.

Peyton: Okay.

Gemma: And don't pet the dog.

Peyton: Okay.

Emma: And don't pet the cat's belly.

Peyton: Okay..... I don't know where you live?

Gemma: Not Emma's house, her grandma's house and don't go on the white porch.

Emma: She can go on the porch... just don't open the front door.

Gemma: Oh yeah, that's right. And don't pet the dog.

Peyton: You already said that.

Gemma: Oh yeah... I forgoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment