Sunday, March 5, 2017

Why, When I Was Your Age.....

From January 10, 2017

This is the one where I thought I was being clever and funny but had my sarcastic jocularity turned back on me...

(Me to a Group of Students) "Did you all do your homework last night?"

(3rd grader) "No Mr. Stuckey, we didn't have any homework last night."

(Me, now incredulous and sarcastic) "No Homework!?! You're kidding me... why when I was a kid we had homework 8 days a week. I'm not saying I did it every night but yeah... our teachers gave us homework 8 days a week!"

(5th grader) "That's impossible. There's only 7 days in a week!"

(Me) "Oh yeah... are you sure about that???"

(5th grader) "Yeah I'm sure of that... and maybe if you had actually DONE your homework you'd know that too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment